Early childhood development is in the spotlight, locally and beyond. From news media to business and political leaders, people are looking out for our youngest neighbors.
Early care and education impact all aspects of society. The following articles and broadcasts from recent months cover early childhood development from different angles and perspectives – and with some particular focus on Florida’s upcoming legislative session:
- Early Learning and Your Kids (Spectrum News)
- Are Florida’s 4-year-olds ready for school? (Gradebook podcast)
- How employers can help with childcare (WellCare CEO Ken Burdick)
- Achievement gap starts as opportunity gap; VPK can help (St. Pete Catalyst)
- $15 minimum wage could create fiscal cliff for families relying on childcare (FL Politics)
- Early education emphasis and more (redefinED: “Critics of the state’s early education system are optimistic things might change for the better in the legislative session that starts Jan. 14.”)
- Prekindergarten, early education get limelight from House Committee (Tampa Bay Times)
- Florida pre-k issues leave lawmakers with long to-do list (Tampa Bay Times)
Follow the above outlets and reporters – and subscribe to the Thrive By Five e-newsletter (coming soon) for updates on news coverage, events, calls-to-action, and other activities.